Victorian Festival Professional Directory
Click on a single category tag to see matching entries. Clicking on multiple categories will show the entries that match ALL selected categories.
Narrow down the selection by adding a keyword search.
Annie started her impressive list of credits at just eight years of age when she had her professional stage debut in The Sound of Music.
She also played Marcy in the stage hit, School of Rock, where she again, showcased her exceptional musical ability.
Last year, Annie performed in the US for one of NBC’s largest TV programs America’s Got Talent and made the quarter finals before coming home to work on the campaign “You Can’t Keep A Good Thing Down” for Virgin Australia.
Annie also recently performed in Sydney for the Woolworths Carols in the Domain and on Channel 7 for the Good Friday Appeal.
– Guinness World Record winning video DJ
– Large Format Live Visual FX Composer including Projection Mapping and Immersive Video Content
– Television and Online Content Producer
– Program Coordinator (artist and venues) / Melbourne Fringe 2021
– Co-curator/Producer of Let’s Take Over Festival 2021, presented by Darebin Arts Speakeasy
– Creative Producer at Let’s Take Over 2020, Darebin Arts Speakeasy
– Festival Producer of the Guild Fringe Hub, Melbourne Fringe Festival 2019
– Intern at Melbourne Fringe 2018
– Co-Creative Director of TASTINGS Mini-Festival 2018
– Creative Producer – Performing Arts at Mudfest 2017
– Performer at Fringe World Festival 2015
– Performer at Fremantle Festival 2014
– Academic/Researcher (Masters in Arts and Cultural Management, University of Melbourne, 2019)
– Artist (Fuse Festival 2021, Let’s Take Over Festival 2020-21)
– Artist Liaison/Artist Management (Program coordinator [artist and Venues] at Melbourne Fringe 2021)
– Programming (Let’s Take Over Festival 2020-2021, Guild Fringe Hub 2019, Tastings 2018, Mudfest 2017)
– Logistics (Program Coordinator at Melbourne Fringe 2021)
– Public/Education Programs (Let’s Take Over 2020-2021)
Bloom Entertainment by Design
Provide performers (bands – both covers and originals -, MC’s DJ’s, instrumentalists, dancers, roving entertainment) for festival entertainment.
Provided all performers, AV, staging & production for the Melbourne Italian Festa (20,000 – 30,000 people) in 2019 and 2021, provide entertainment for consulate festivals, chamber of commerce and bike festivals.
Manage a number of cover and original artists. Liaise with festival organisers to search for and book appropriate performers, manage media coverage, VIP area, engage professional photographers and videographers to capture the event and help manage social media promotion.
10+ years experience in creative production, performance art, media, writing, organising, administration, arts management ++. Recent projects include:
– Directing and producing world’s first Fringe Festival in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
– Producing multiple shows for LGBTQIA disabled artist collective Quippings
– Producing Secret Society themed Alternate Reality Game (ARG) for The Village Festival
– Producing, performing, writing stage magic + storytelling + social justice show Queer Lady Magician
– Volunteer management for Freeplay Independent Games Festival
– and more!
Skills: Advocacy, diversity & inclusion & equity (gender, race, sexuality, cultural diversity, immigration status, disability), digital media, producing, stage management, production management, media writing, community engagement, research, artistic direction, administration, bookkeeping
Programming for live music venues and music festival staffing and operations services.
Event Producer with over a decade of experience working in festivals, events and advertising.
Major roles/produced projects with: Dark Mofo, London 2012 Olympics (for Coca-Cola), Melbourne Writer’s Festival, BBC, Renault, AGP, PUMA, Adidas, The Times London Film Festival, Lake of Stars Festival and various roles across a wide variety of brand events, corporate conferences/dinners and festivals.
I also run a performer booking agency for on and off stage spectacle with clients including The Pleasure Garden, Dark Mofo, Lost Lands festival, various councils, Chi Wow Wah Town amongst others.
Selected past performances:
– IsolAid Online Festival / 2020
– Cygnet Festival / 2019 (Songwriter Award – runner up)
– Westernport Festival / 2019 (supported The Badloves)
– St Kilda Festival (solo performance)
– Apollo Bay Festival (Young Performer Award – winner)
Faulty Cat Productions
Faulty Cat Productions offers a range of services across music production including editing, mixing, sound design, composition, project management, and consultation. Vincent Giles is an experienced composer and sound designer, active in the field for 13 years across installation/gallery sound-based work, festival management, and concert music. He is an experienced academic who holds a PhD in sound design and music from the Victorian College of the Arts. Prior to working in production, Vincent was a freelance bass player, teacher, and music critic.
– Fringe Festival / Online performances with ‘The Real Hot Bitches’, ‘The Dollar Bin Darlings’ and ‘Gumboot Theatre’ October 2020
– Seven Sisters Festival / Accommodation Assistant March 2020
– Unify Gathering / Wristband Attendant January 2020
– Moomba Festival / Assistant Stage Manager for Parade (Sectional) and Staff services March 2014-2020 (no parade in 2021)
Roving entertainment in the form of multi-skilled solo characters, giant puppets, costumed musical acts, activities, drumming workshops, circus workshop and more.
Selected previous festivals:
– Whitehorse Spring Festival
– The Clayton Festival
– The Little Day Out festival
– Moomba Festival
– Coburg Festival
Plus many more
Grand WaZoo Kings of Soul
Dynamic soul-funk-rnb band, Grand WaZoo has been entertaining Australia and the world since 1981 – now celebrating an amazing ’40 Years of Soul’ in 2021.
Boasting a mighty 10-piece soul orchestra of A-list musicians with an additional three stellar singers on the front line, this multicultural, multi-generational bands excellence and longevity attests to its quality – with wide appeal across generations.
The artists are masters of stages, large and small, with significant, vibrant performing experience at major events and festivals.
Selected past performances:
– Globe To Globe World Music Festival
– International Blues & Music Festival
– Eltham Food & Music Festival
– Moomba Festival
– Skandia Festival
– Bayside Festival
– Harvest Festival
– Geelong Beer Festival
– Summer Entertainment In The Parks
– City of Whittlesea Oz Day Concert
– Melbourne International Festival
– Comedy Festival Opening Concert
– Grand Prix events
Plus many more
Greg Champion is an Australian songwriter, guitarist, radio personality and athlete.
Selected past performances:
– Port Fairy Music Festival
– Maldon Folk Festival
– Corryong Festival
– Sandford Festival
– Patchewollock Festival
– Mt Beauty Festival
– Yackandandah Fest
Has performed solo and in a duo, trio and 4-piece.
Experiences songwriting workshop faciliator at Victorian Festivals.
Presenter on Victorian radio, ABC 774 for 39 years.
Reggae, Dancehall, Dubplate, Rockers, Hip Hop, Roots and Rastafari music. outfit. Performance formats range from solo with backing tracks or DJ through solo acoustic, duo, trio, quartet and full band.
Tripataka performs original compositions by the band members and unique arrangements of jazz repertoire.
The trio finds endless inspiration in the music of North and South India, Bali, Brazil, Cuba and many other musics from around the world.
Trained in these intercultural forms as well as jazz and European classical music, the breadth of the bands combined experience and instrumental resources far surpasses that of a typical contemporary jazz trio.
“There may be only three musicians on this recording, but their combined sound is as powerful and expressive as a great big band. Polymetric drum grooves full of deep funky soul; electric bass lines that float like butterflies and sting like bees; trombone melodies singing, soaring, and diving Tripataka’s ensemble sound is astringent, tough, and uncompromising – yet the loose authenticity of folk tradition saturates even the most complex pieces. Composition and improvisation interweave seamlessly, and the total effect is exhilarating — watch the movie inside your head while you listen, because the cinematography is terrific.” – Warren Senders, Boston, USA, 2017.
Katumba Latin Entertainment and Themed Events
Katumba is Melbourne’s premier Latin Entertainment Company offering an authentic Latin and Brazilian dance experience outside of South America!
Their professional artists with over 25 years experience will truly bring the life of the party to any event. With their world class entertainment they are renowned for explosive interactive floorshows, passionate performances and wild energy leaving audiences wanting more!
They are a well-established company known for bringing our vivacious Latin flavour to festivals, exclusive functions and parties for well over a decade best known for delivering dynamic interactive floorshows.
Katumba features professional dancers, live Brazilian percussion, capoeira, samba, salsa, showgirls, break-dancers, MCs, DJs and flash-mobs and pride themselves on providing the best quality professional entertainment.
Their artists specialise in bringing the vibrant culture and colour of Latin America to your event, combining traditional and contemporary rhythms from Cuba to Brazil in a high energy dance spectacular, feathers and all!
Selected past experience
– Sydney Road Street Party
– St Kilda Festival
– Latin Festa
– Johnston Street Festival
– Havana To Melbourne Festival
– Lord Mayors Welcome etc.
Lorenzo + Co.
1. Singer/Songwriter – performing my original music (pop) around Australia and performed in a charity tour to Belarus
2. Italian Pop-Classical Performer: Major act at Melbourne Italian Festa 2019 & 2021 (30,000 people), Lygon Street Christmas Carols (2017 & 2018)
Installation art and large scale kinetic sculpture, featured at events including Rainbow Serpent Festival, Split Milk, WOMAD, White Night and Strawberry Fields.
Elizabeth Dawson-smith is a director, choreographer, performer, song/script writer and event producer, specialising in unique audience experiences that are both immersive and memorable. With a First Class Honours accreditation in nineteenth century burlesque traditions (2014), Elizabeth has made her mark on the vaudeville, cabaret and burlesque circuit, with two Green Room Award nominations (2012/15), ‘Best Dance’/‘Best Cabaret’ weekly awards (Adelaide Fringe 2020/21), a Fields Award nomination for her ‘Contribution to Australian Vaudeville’ (2015) and act direction for the winning entries of Miss Burlesque Australia 2014 (Zelia Rose) and Mr Boylesque Australia 2015 (Egson Ham).
Currently Elizabeth works with artists as a director, choreographer and dramaturg for live works across a range of genres, and produces seasoned works, films and boutique entertainment for the avante-showgirl company, Miss Friby (www.missfriby.com.au).
Miss Friby’s shows and acts have been highly regarded amongst numerous festivals including Woodford Folk Festival (2014), Splendour in the Grass (2014/15) and Falls Festival (2013-16) as well as high end theatre venues such as the National Gallery of Victoria (2012) and the World Famous Spiegeltent (2009). the company has received high acclaim amongst the dance community (featured in the ‘Immersed Dance Industry Gala’ 2013/14), invited to present alongside top international clowns at ‘So You Think You Can Clown’ (Comedy Festival Hub 2012), awarded a ‘Best Cabaret’ weekly award at Adelaide Fringe (2021) and was even featured as a finalist on Channel Nine’s ‘Australia’s Got Talent’ (2013).
Elizabeth is a creative producer that can seamlessly integrate her multifarious creative skills with her impeccable track record as a project manager and producer. For more information visit www.elizabethdawsonsmith.com.au.
Nigel Wearne is an Australian singer-songwriter, luthier, poet and gleaner. Equipped with personally handcrafted instruments, he melds finger-style guitar, ‘up’-hammer banjo, piano and honest storytelling.
One Day Studios
Content Production Studio and Training Facility.
Selected Past Experience:
– Fun4Kids Festival – Event Management & Content Creator
– Port Fairy Folk Festival – Teacher
Winter Weekends Festival – Event Management
Opportune Pianos is a mobile piano technology business in Victoria, featuring a bespoke service for your piano: Piano Tuning, Regulation, Voicing, Repairs, Cleaning and Reconditioning.
Festival and concert touring experience nationally and internationally, with a demonstrated professional portfolio of project work.
The Red Woods
The Redwoods are a Melbourne-based band fronted by songwriter Joshua Moore, who play a unique brand of folk and rock and roll, inspired by the likes of Crosby, Stills, and Nash, The Band, James Taylor, and Bruce Springsteen.
To stay up to date with all our news and happenings, become a subscriber!