Victorian Festival Professional Directory
Click on a single category tag to see matching entries. Clicking on multiple categories will show the entries that match ALL selected categories.
Narrow down the selection by adding a keyword search.
Architects of Entertainment
Architects of Entertainment (AoE) is an event production agency, delivering festival brands and artists to audiences, event plans and operations to internal stakeholders and unique, safe and accessible spaces to patrons.
For 25 years AoE founders Haydn Johnston and Nathaniel Holmes have lived and breathed live music, touring, production and events.
In 2015 they decided to consolidate their combined experience, IP and client base to form a company.
Five years later and now with over 200 shows delivered under the AoE banner, AoE are a team of five full-time staff, 200 contractors and more than 1,000 suppliers, all working in concert to deliver in excess of 30 show days a year.
Operating domestically and internationally, AoE has the capacity to manage, staff and deliver multiple festival departments simultaneously, delivering shows to spec and on-budget, no matter how tight the deadline.
– Splendour In The Grass / Production Management
– Triple J’s One Night Stand / Production Management
– St Jerome’s Laneway Festival / Production Management
– Lost Paradise / Event Management, Site Management, Production Management, Event and Set Design
– Fairgrounds Festival / Event Management, Site Management, Production Management, Event and Set Design
BKA Events specialise in delivering engaging live events. While this is what we are best known for, we are passionate about delivering services that are flexible, innovative and customer centric. As such we are pleased to include virtual and hybrid events in our service offering.
Managing the total event experience, our team are hand picked for your event to deliver a tailored, seamless and interconnected experience for both in-person and virtual attendees.
We service various clients from a range of industries.
Event suppliers and contractors typically perform the highest-risk works onsite and regulators have high expectations of those engaging contractors; those must take responsibility for confirming and documenting that they have appropriate safe systems of work, valid licenses/permits and suitable insurance coverage.
Released in 2019, Contractor-HQ offers EventManage which is an expansive, event contractor management module which can be used as a simple-to-use compliance framework to prequalify contractors engaged to perform works at events.
It highlights compliance gaps and automates the process of following up event suppliers and staff to upload documentation in relation to the services they’ll be performing. The Contractor-HQ team are experts in regulatory compliance and have created a platform that automatically maps service providers to ascertain what type of licences and certificates must be obtained from the event contractor to ensure their qualifications can be easily verified.
Councils can utilise this tool to manage (a) internally run events or (b) provide it as a framework for those from the community to ensure that regulatory compliance can be easily maintained. ContractorManage has been designed to facilitate this process (through automation) to let councils manage the process “by exception” and save hours of human resources if they’re involved in the process of collecting and maintaining the records on an ongoing basis.
EventManage has been designed to simplify the process of collecting required documentation from suppliers, while also helps administrators quickly identify which gaps need to be filled.
Strathbogie Shire Council – Case Study
EventManage digitised the process for the events team to capture new event applications and streamlined the communication lines between the applicant and those involved from other departments. They’d previously relied on manual processes to collate the information from members of the general population and present it to other internal stakeholders. EventManage helped replace Excel spreadsheets, plus multitudes of emails and phone calls to external organisers to capture the required information in the required format.
10+ years experience in creative production, performance art, media, writing, organising, administration, arts management ++. Recent projects include:
– Directing and producing world’s first Fringe Festival in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
– Producing multiple shows for LGBTQIA disabled artist collective Quippings
– Producing Secret Society themed Alternate Reality Game (ARG) for The Village Festival
– Producing, performing, writing stage magic + storytelling + social justice show Queer Lady Magician
– Volunteer management for Freeplay Independent Games Festival
– and more!
Skills: Advocacy, diversity & inclusion & equity (gender, race, sexuality, cultural diversity, immigration status, disability), digital media, producing, stage management, production management, media writing, community engagement, research, artistic direction, administration, bookkeeping
CVP EVENTS FILM & TV
IMAG SERVICES – LED SCREENS – BROADCASTING & STREAMING SERVICES – PROJECTION – PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
– Fringe Festival / Online performances with ‘The Real Hot Bitches’, ‘The Dollar Bin Darlings’ and ‘Gumboot Theatre’ October 2020
– Seven Sisters Festival / Accommodation Assistant March 2020
– Unify Gathering / Wristband Attendant January 2020
– Moomba Festival / Assistant Stage Manager for Parade (Sectional) and Staff services March 2014-2020 (no parade in 2021)
First In Last Out
First In Last Out (FILO) deliver management services for cultural and corporate events, festivals and the performing arts, with a focus on Production + Operations Management and Risk + Safety.
Led by Emily O’Brien, together with a bunch of production legends, FILO collaborates with a wide range of independent and freelance production personnel and with other production and technical services organisations.
FILO expands and contracts, allowing the company to engage the most appropriate collaborators for each unique project.
For FILO, Emily O’Brien has delivered the following projects:
– Risk and Safety Lead, Senior Production Management (MONA FOMA 2016-2021)
– Risk and Safety Consultant (ACMI, 2021)
– Risk and Safety Lead, Production Coordination (City of Melbourne – Creative Laneways, 2021)
– Risk and Safety Lead, Production + Operations Manager for Meat Market/Weelam (YIRRAMBOI, 2021)
– Risk and Safety Consultant, Operations Manager (Can’t Do Tomorrow, 2020)
Foreign Brothers is a community-based collective promoting local artists and musicians around Melbourne.
Selected past experience:
– FLOW festival / Production and Event Manager
– Soundsystem Giants / Production and Event Manager
– Strawberry Fields / Artist Liaison
– Fairfield in Feb / Artist Liaison
Experienced festival professional.
Selected past experience:
– National Artist Liaison Manager / So Frenchy So Chic, 2012 – 2021
– Event & Partnership Manager / The Australian Music Prize, 2017 – 2019
– Ground Transport Coordinator / Festival X, 2019
– National Artist Liaison Manager / Stereosonic Festival, 2013 – 2015
– Event Manager
Australian International Documentary Conference, 2017/2019/2021
– Event Manager
Australian Directors’ Guild Awards 2018 & 2020
Elizabeth Dawson-smith is a director, choreographer, performer, song/script writer and event producer, specialising in unique audience experiences that are both immersive and memorable. With a First Class Honours accreditation in nineteenth century burlesque traditions (2014), Elizabeth has made her mark on the vaudeville, cabaret and burlesque circuit, with two Green Room Award nominations (2012/15), ‘Best Dance’/‘Best Cabaret’ weekly awards (Adelaide Fringe 2020/21), a Fields Award nomination for her ‘Contribution to Australian Vaudeville’ (2015) and act direction for the winning entries of Miss Burlesque Australia 2014 (Zelia Rose) and Mr Boylesque Australia 2015 (Egson Ham).
Currently Elizabeth works with artists as a director, choreographer and dramaturg for live works across a range of genres, and produces seasoned works, films and boutique entertainment for the avante-showgirl company, Miss Friby (www.missfriby.com.au).
Miss Friby’s shows and acts have been highly regarded amongst numerous festivals including Woodford Folk Festival (2014), Splendour in the Grass (2014/15) and Falls Festival (2013-16) as well as high end theatre venues such as the National Gallery of Victoria (2012) and the World Famous Spiegeltent (2009). the company has received high acclaim amongst the dance community (featured in the ‘Immersed Dance Industry Gala’ 2013/14), invited to present alongside top international clowns at ‘So You Think You Can Clown’ (Comedy Festival Hub 2012), awarded a ‘Best Cabaret’ weekly award at Adelaide Fringe (2021) and was even featured as a finalist on Channel Nine’s ‘Australia’s Got Talent’ (2013).
Elizabeth is a creative producer that can seamlessly integrate her multifarious creative skills with her impeccable track record as a project manager and producer. For more information visit www.elizabethdawsonsmith.com.au.
Modus Operandi Australia
Modus Operandi Australia is a full service agency specialising in the arts, entertainment and hospitality industries.
We are scalable and dynamic in our approach and can offer services ranging from the oversight of a single functional area through to the complete planning, management and execution of your event from start to finish.
We can do anything or everything and have the capability to manage multiple festival departments concurrently, without compromise to the quality of our output.
We’re flexible in our approach and will work with you to strategise and execute a winning plan which ensures your goals are met and your patrons walk away with memorable experiences they’ll be talking about for eons.
Patron enjoyment is our priority over all else, the smiles are what made us join the circus.
we’re black and white // without the bull$#it.
Modus Operandi Australia – Part of the Modus Australia Group.
Moon Mother Productions Pty Ltd
With an experienced, passionate crew and over 60 years experience, Moon Mother offer production services for events throughout Australia from local community gatherings to major world class events.
Moon Mother prides itself on delivering beautiful staging, audio and visual experiences backed by top-of-the-range technology and expert management.
Services and business offerings:
– Mobile staging
– All audio & visual
– Lighting design & hire
– LED screens
-Mobile broadcast van
– Pope safety officers
– Production management
– Event management
Selected festivals and events:
– The Push Over / Arts Centre Forecourt Melbourne / Production and site fencing provider
– The Drop Festival / Production Management and production supplier
– Melbourne International Jazz Festival / Production Management and production supplier
– Eurora Music Festival / production supplier including mobile stages, audio and lighting
– Lost Lands Festival / Production Manager plus stages, audio and lighting supplier
Production Management and Technical Designer.
Selected fesitvals and events:
– Snow Machine (Hakuba, Japan)
– Cercle (Zhu, Japan)
– Wine Machine Rochford (VIC)
– Wine Machine Stage 88 (ACT)
The Social Crew
The Social Crew is a boutique studio who specialise in conceptual development, curation, design, production and marketing within the creative industries.
Established in 2014 by Creative Director, Belinda Collins, The Social Crew draw from experience in more than 20 countries and guarantee a high class approach to live event design for individuals, creatives, micro-organisations and clients in a broad range of industries.
They collaborate with like-minded creatives predominately in art and music, bringing ideas to life.
In other words, they do fun stuff very well.
Wall of Sound
To stay up to date with all our news and happenings, become a subscriber!